Tuesday, February 17, 2015
chicken parmesan with Publix Viva Italia Days Sale
The information, products, and Publix gift card were provided by General Mills through Linqia. All opinions are 100% my own.
Being a working mom and wife, crock pot meals have become a way of life for me. I love cooking, but it's even better when our meals is ready as we walk through the door. This chicken parmesan is one of our faves. Not only is it a comforting, family meal, it's also super affordable! The sauce is thick and the toasted bread crumbs add the perfect touch. The secrets to getting the sauce flavor and thick are tomato paste and corn starch.
In celebration of the Publix Viva Italia days, I decided to make my Crock Pot chicken Parmesan. Here is how you can make it, too! At the end, I'll share some ways you can save BIG on your ingredients.
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
(links are to additional recipes)
28 ounce can of Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes
6 ounce can of Hunt's Tomato Paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
4 chicken breasts
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup grated Kraft Parmesan Cheese
1 tablespoon basil
2/3 cup Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs
1 pound pasta (whatever style you like)
1 package Pillsbury Grands! Big and Buttery Crescents
1. Mix Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, Hunt's Tomato Sauce, minced garlic, cornstarch, and water in the crock pot.
2. When it's thoroughly combined, add the chicken.
3. Spread some of the sauce over the chicken.
4. Set your crock pot at low for 4 hours.
5. It's nearly always done after 4 hours, but I always check the internal temperature of the chicken to make sure. The chicken should be 160 degrees fahrenheit.
6. Place the slices of cheese over the chicken, one sliced per breast. Turn the crock pot off and keep it closed for 15 minutes. This will melt the cheese perfectly.
7. I do the next three steps all at once.
8. Toast the bread crumbs. Add the oil, Kraft Parmesan Cheese, basil, and Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs to a small pan. Keep the heat around medium to toast everything. Keep your eye on it, though! Stir it often until everything is evenly browned.
8. While the bread crumbs are starting to toast, boil water for the pasta. Add the pasta and boil it for around 10-13 minutes, until al dente. We're an any-pasta-is-good-pasta type of family. I was using rotini this day, but I've also made this with spaghetti or fettuccine.
9. This is the perfect time to bake the crescent rolls. I bake them according to the package instructions, and I add a sprinkling of garlic salt over the tops before I put them in the oven.
10. All that's left to do is plate it. And eat it, of course!
The Viva Italia days are starting this week at Publix. The sale will run from Feburary 19 to March 4. You can save up to $7 using the Ready Plan Save coupons! Check them out here, here, and here.
If you'd like to make your own crock pot chicken parmesan, I am giving away one $10 Visa Pre-Paid Gift Card. Use the widget below, and good luck to all who enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway