Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I love having baked treats in our house for company, and we also love to hand out tins of baked goods to our loved ones! I wanted to share one of my favorite cookie recipes. We've been eating these cookies for so long, I have my recipe memorized. We use Nestle Toll House morsels in our chocolate chip cookies.
Rebecca's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 package Nestle Toll House Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream sugars and butter. Add vanilla and eggs.
3. Combine the dry ingredients, minus the Nestle Toll House Morsels, in a separate bowl. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
4. Add the Nestle Toll House Morsels, combine well.
5. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Place heaping tablespoons full of dough on the cookie sheet a couple inches apart.
6. Bake about 10-14 minutes, depending on your oven. They're done when the cookies are a light golden brown.
7. Let cool, eat, and enjoy!
- I like to use a stand mixer. It makes it very fast and easy. I turn it on to cream the butter and sugars, and I turn it off after the morsels are mixed in. It does all the hard work for me.
- I prefer using unsalted butter, fine sea salt, and real vanilla. I've tried a lot of combinations of different butters, salts, and vanillas. This has produced the best flavor, in our opinion.
- You can mix it up by using different morsels! Nestle Toll House has a larger variety of Holiday morsels, all of which are delicious! I personally like the Delightfull morsels, which are filled chocolate chips. We've tried the peanut butter chocolate chips, and they have a peppermint version for the holiday season!
Do you bake for your loved ones during the holidays? Enter the giveaway below for the chance to win $10 to get you started on your own holiday baking extravaganza! There are also a few coupons available on the Nestle site here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway