Baking is one of my favorite hobbies and although I do it year-round, it is especially nice in the cooler months. Fall baking is some of my favorite comfort food. From cookies to bread to muffins, I like to have baked goodies in the kitchen all the time.
Since I like to bake so much, it's helpful to buy things in bulk. I have a Maple Walnut Muffin recipe that is delicious. When the weather starts to cool down, I switch up my recipe just a bit by adding Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries. I love the zing that the cranberries add to these sweet muffins. Did you know that 1/4 a cup of Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries is the same as 1/2 a cup of fruit?
I made this batch of these muffins on Saturday and they've already been devoured!
Sam's Club is the place to go for bulk items. If you haven't been able to find Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries at your local Sam's Club, I found them at Harris Teeter on the dried fruit aisle.
Cranberry Maple Muffins with Walnut Streusel Topping
All you need is:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter, melted
3/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
Walnut Streusel Topping
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
5. Stir in the cranberries until combined.
6. Place liners in your muffin pan. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
7. Mix the ingredients for the streusel in a small bowl. Sprinkle the streusel mixture in each muffin cup.
8. Bake the muffins for 15-19 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
And now you have a yummy autumnal treat to share with your family and friends! You can find more recipes, ideas, and a store near you on the Ocean Spray website.