Happy Friday! This was one of those weeks wherein it felt like it was passing at light speed and simultaneously at a stand still. Like, Friday could. not. get. here. soon enough. But, I also was spinning my wheels all week trying to stay on top of things. Weird how it works out like that.
Are you excited for the weekend? I know I am.
I present to you the most highest of fives for this glorious Friday! *high five* Here are five things I hope to accomplish this weekend:
– Meeting our oldest son’s soccer coach. This is our first venture into sports. I can officially call myself a soccer mom. But, I will never call our Mazda5 a mini van. BECAUSE IT ISN’T ONE. Can you tell I’m in denial about being a soccer mom who has a van? (IT’S NOT REALLY A VAN)
– Starting the cutest of hats for our soon-to-be-born “nephew.” I say “nephew,” because he will really be a second cousin to my husband, but it’s kind of weird to call a baby your cousin. Right?
– Doing some research for one of my final papers that will be due at the beginning of May. Yeah, I’m working a little ahead . . .
– Relishing in the fact that this semester will be my last for a while. That’s right, I’m breaking up with graduate school. Don’t worry, grad school, it’s not you, it’s me. Oh, wait . . . maybe it is you! Haha, just joking. No, in all seriousness, I’ve done a lot of soul searching and heart searching and crying. Maybe some snotting. Lots of tears and discussions and all that. And, I think the best thing to do right now is to give school a break. And here’s why: Three kids. One full time job. One husband. The usual life responsibilities. Oi! Something had to give, and it’s taken me almost two semesters to realize that since school isn’t the most important thing right now, that it has to go. So, in May, I will have completed a graduate certificate in Multicultural and Transnational Literature. What does that mean job wise? Nada. What does that mean personal wise? Lots . . . sort of. I didn’t want these past two semesters to amount to nothing. I put a lot of work into my classes, and it will be nice to have a fancy piece of paper to show for it. But, yeah, that’s about it. 😛
– Going through my beauty/medicine cabinet thingy and putting some things to the side that I know I won’t use or don’t work for me or whatnot. I have a coworker that enjoys beauty products just as much as I do, so I feel fairly certain that whatever leaves my mess of makeup/skin care/etc will find a good home.
And that’s about it. That got a heavy for a quick minute, didn’t it? Ahhh… it’s all good. I’m looking forward to having more time to work on my Etsy shop and my blog.
What about you? Any plans for the weekend?
I’m linking up with Lauren on From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday.