Last week, I shared my recipe for a delicious and refreshing Ice Lavender Chai Latte. I’m no stranger to Starbucks, but I do love creating my own at-home drink concoctions when the mood strikes me. It’s so fun to come up with fun ways to create my favorite drinks at home. The kitchen is my happy place!
Traditional chai concentrates are a little sweet for my taste, and every recipe I found online had a ton of sweetener added. Since I prefer to add my own flavor, which already sweet on its own, I really want the concentrate to be all about the spices and not about the sweetness.
Enter, my own homemade chai concentrate! I added a little of this and a little of that, and came up with this spice mixture that I love. You can find a lot of different chai concentrate recipes online, but if you’re not into sickly sweet drinks then this is for you! Scroll down to access the recipe.
Chai Tea Concentrate
black tea bags
cups of water
- Combine all ingredients and 3 cups of water in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower temperature to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Be prepared for your kitchen to smell amazing!
- Remove from heat.
- Place tea bags in pot with water/spice mixture.
- Cover and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and store in an airtight glass container.
- Use my Iced Lavender Chai Latte recipe to create your own drink at home!