This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #HomeGatingHacks #CollectiveBias
Is there anything better than fall food? I think not! Add in a football game, snacks, and drinks, and you have the beginning of a wonderful Sunday afternoon. We’re not really the tailgating types, because we’re much better at homegating. With our own kids plus friends and family who have kids, hanging out at home with some good drinks and yummy football snacks is more our speed. Stopping by our local Food Lion to pick up Coca-Cola and a few snack essentials from the Food Lion brand is so easy to do.
What makes it even better is saving money with my MVP card. My MVP card is always on my key ring, so I can save money every time I visit Food Lion. It’s so easy! First, you activate your personal monthly offers by going to the Shop & Earn offer page through the Food Lion Mobile App or on foodlion.com. Your offers track as soon as you visit (so visit early!). Next, you start shopping and scan your MVP card with each purchase. Track your progress towards your rewards by visiting the Shop & Earn offer page. You have until the end of the current month to earn your rewards. Earned rewards are added to your MVP Wallet. Finally, earned rewards are automatically redeemed on your next purchase by scanning your MVP card. You have until the end of the following month to redeem your earned rewards! You can read more about it here.
After I’ve saved money at Food Lion, I head home to put together my food spread. I have a fun idea for your table runner that’s super easy and completely ties in with the football game. I’m going to show you exactly how to recreate this table runner, and you can also check out all the yummy snacks and Coca-Cola drinks we have in our spread.
For this football inspired table runner, you will need two things: 1 white paint marker 1 roll of brown kraft paper
- I suggest creating this table runner either the night before or first thing the day of your party. You need to give time for the paint marker to dry. Another great thing to do is to double up the kraft paper for the table runner so the paint marker doesn’t soak through to your table.
- Cut your paper to the desire length. I cut mine longer than my table and used removable tape to secure the ends to the underside of the table.
- Starting in the middle, drive the 50 yard line. Working from the middle out on both sides, draw the 40, 30, 20, and 10 yard lines.
- I chose one end to be the TOUCHDOWN side. You could leave that off, but I think it adds a fun element to the table runner.
- At this point, it’s helpful to have the dishes you’ll be using for your food. Place each dish where it will be in the spread, along with the drinks.
- Using football playbook symbols (basically, circles, x’s, arrows, and dotted lines), decorate in between the dishes. I used symbols to indicate what food goes with a dip or you can wrote out the names of the food. The football playbook symbols make it so fun!
- And now you’re done, until you’re ready to set up for your party!
This is definitely one of my favorite snacks from the whole spread! I used the Food Lion Frozen Chicken Wings, Food Lion Plain Greek Yogurt, and Food Lion Ranch Dip Mix for this combo. I followed the directions on the bag of frozen chicken wings to prepare them. When they came out of the oven, I quickly mixed together two cups of the Food Lion Plain Greek Yogurt and one packet of the Food Lion Ranch Dip Mix in a bowl. Since I had also picked up celery and carrots, they were perfect to place next to each other in the spread. Here is where I found these items in my store:
I picked up a couple varieties of Coca-Cola, because they definitely have something for everyone. Coca-Cola Zero Sugar has more real Coca-Cola flavor, just without any sugar. I love that we have options, because Coca-Cola is an integral part of any food spread I put together. It’s a crowd-pleaser and definitely refreshing during a football game! For this spread I have the Coca-Cola Half Liter 6-packs and the Coca-Cola 10pk Mini cans.
If you make this table runner, please tag me on social media so I can see your wonderful creation! You can find out more about Food Lion, along with your local store, here. Read more about their awesome Shop & Earn MVP rewards here.