This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it — the coziness, the smells, and especially the cooking! McCormick® Spices have been my first choice for my pantry and spice cabinet since before I was married. They are a staple in our kitchen, for sure. Today, I want to share how easy a cozy, family dinner with McCormick® Spices.
I am a huge of fan of making things tasty and keeping things simple, which is why I use my slow cooker and roasted veggies in my oven a lot. One of my go-to crowd pleasers is stew beef over rice with roasted veggies. This whole meal is so easy to put together, and you can be making dessert while all of it’s cooking.
You all know how much I love shopping at Walmart. I’m going to share where you can find McCormick® spices. It’s always located on the baking aisle, with the spices and baking supplies.
One thing that we’ve always made sure to do is have family dinners. Every other week, we alternate eating with my husband’s family and my family. Will’s grandmother was especially good at carving at time for family every Sunday. In fact, her stew beef was my inspiration for getting better at making this dish. I never asked her for her recipe, but this McCormick Stew Beef packet makes it taste just like hers!
Stew Beef with McCormick®
- Angus Stew Meat, 3 lbs.
- Water, 2 cups
- 1 package McCormick® Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- Pour the water into your slow cooker.
- Empty the McCormick® Beef Stew packet into the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Add the Angus Stew Meat, stir to combine.
- Cover and heat on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with rice and gravy.
Aside from the flavor of the McCormick® Beef Stew blend, the gravy that it makes is the best part. Nevertheless, we love a little more gravy with this meal. I keep the McCormick® gravy packets stocked up in my pantry, and the Brown Gravy is by far my most used. It’s so easy to make, and it’s packed full of flavor.
I mentioned at the beginning of this post that roasted veggies are super easy to make with this meal. Honestly, it’s a very hands-off meal aside from the chopping and stirring. It’s perfect for those weekends where you want to entertain but want something easy. Whatever vegetables you have in season where you live are perfect with this, but the star of this veggie side is definitely the garlic powder.
- 3 cups of your favorite vegetables
- 1 tsp McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Chop your vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Please a layer of parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Starting with the hardest vegetables, place your vegetables on the pan. For this particular day, I placed the cauliflower on the sheet pan first. Put the softer vegetables to the side.
- Drizzle half of the extra virgin olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle half of the salt, pepper,and McCormick® Garlic Powder over the vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Stir half way through.
- Add the softer vegetables. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil. Sprinkle the rest of the McCormick® Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.
Now that I’ve shared my easy family dinner with McCormick® spices, I’d love to hear about yours!